What: The Peace Valley Landowner Association (PVLA) and the Peace Valley Environment Association (PVEA) will hold a press conference Wednesday, September 13, to release the reply from McCullough Research to the BC Hydro Submission and the Deloitte LLP Reports on Site C.
The McCullough Research reply submission demonstrates that there is sufficient information and analysis now on hand to justify an immediate suspension of construction of Site C, pending completion of the BCUC Site C Inquiry. The report provides unequivocal findings to support a BCUC recommendation to the BC Cabinet to permanently halt Site C.
Harry Swain, Former Chair Site C Joint Review Panel, will also provide expert commentary on Site C, and Rob Botterell will outline ways to enhance public confidence in the remainder of the Site C inquiry process.
When: Wednesday, September 13, 2017
Where: Oak Room (Third floor)
Four Seasons Hotel, Vancouver
791 W. Georgia St, Vancouver, B.C.
Who: Robert McCullough, International Energy Expert
Harry Swain, Former Chair Site C Joint Review Panel
Rob Botterell, Legal Counsel, PVLA and PVEA
Everyone with an interest in the future of Site C, the largest capital expenditure in the history of BC, is welcome to attend.
- Call-in number: 1-866-252-1104 (no pin)
- Listen and ask questions online: www.uberconference.com/pvlanewsconference
- A live video stream will be on the Peace Valley Landowner Association’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/peacevalleylandownerassoc
- Audio, video and photos will be available upon request post news conference.
Robert McCullough, Harry Swain and Rob Botterell will be available for interviews following the press conference (in person, via teleconference and online).
The McCullough Research Report document will be publicly released at 1:00 pm (PST) on Wednesday, September 13, 2017.
- Biographies for Robert McCullough and Harry Swain
- The McCullough Report submitted to the Site C Inquiry on August 30, 2017
- A backgrounder by McCullough Research assessing the findings of Deloitte's two complex technical reviews of BC Hydro’s Site C project
- A September 8 letter from PVLA and PVEA to BCUC regarding the inquiry process
Amanda Munro or Brandon Thompson
604-360-3994 / 250-686-6887